Santa Monica Feed the Need & Enjoy the Beach
Time & Location
About The Event
RSVP By: 11/20
Event Objective: Feed the homeless in Santa Monica and enjoy a beautiful brown bag lunch at the beach and volley ball area (NO SWIMMING, but MYSC will bring a few volley balls)
Drop Off and Pick Up Location: Walmart parking lot area 25450 The Old Rd, Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381
Drop Off Time: 8:30 AM Exactly
Pick Up Time: 3:00PM - 3:30PM
Destination: Santa Monica (Close to the pier area)
Transportation: youth will be divided up in groups to ride in adults chaperones' cars
Communications: Please, feel free to call the chaperones. Chaperones' cell phone numbers will be sent out before the event. We will also publish on Facebook our progress and when we are on our way back.
Things for each youth to bring:
- Lunch bag for the youth (plastic water bottle+lunch - everything needs to be disposable please, so the youth does not have to carry it back)
- Lunch bag for a homeless person (nothing cooked at home please)
- Your MYSC T-shirt (we are working on ordering more t-shirts for those who have not received theirs yet)
- Your fun and helping spirit
Please, note there will be no stops or delays to bring any food. Youth should be ready to be dropped off at 8:30 AM exactly having the 2 lunch bags already.
- We need more chaperones (volunteers) who can drive. If you are a registered MYSC member or a parent of at least one registered MYSC member, having a valid driver license, 21+ years old and willing to be a chaperone, please do the following:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, age, cell phone and how many youths you may take in your car. Or there is also an available form on the website to volunteer for that event. We will review your request and get back to you.